Are you heading to Nova Batida this September? Fancy a break from the music? Want to learn something new?
Head down to our FREE education talks, where we will be discussing a variety of topics over the course of the festival.
Check out what’s going on here:
Thursday 12th September / 18:30 – 19:30 / Second Home, Lisboa
The Story of Nova Batida
- We will hear from the festival creator, venues and local citizens of what is expected to unfold over the weekend, exploring local cultural scenes and looking at insider tips for both the festival and Lisbon.
Friday 13th September / 13:00 – 14:00 / Ler Devagar Bookstore
The Future of Music
- Would you like to look further in the music industry, and what the future of the industry could potentially look like? This is the perfect chance to see where the music from the festival has come from, its present and to see where it could be going in the future.
Friday 13th September / 14:30 – 15:30 / Ler Devagar Bookstore
Artist Q&A: John Talabot + Mr. Scruff
- Want to hear more about these artists, how they started their music careers, their influences and what is to come in the future? Head to this talk and see your John Talabot and Mr. Scrufftalk live.
Saturday 14th September / 15:00 – 16:00 / Ler Devagar Bookstore
What’s In a Name? Special Request v Paul Woolford – The Art of An Alias
- Seamas O’Reilly will interview Paul Woolford and will look into how an alias allowed him to change his releases and brand himself differently.
Sunday 15th September / 13:30 – 14:30 / Ler Devagar Bookstore
Auntie Flo: Live Q&A + Workshop
- Seamas O’Reilly sits down with Auntie Flo for a Q&A, after we take a look at his live set in more detail.
Sunday 15th September / 15:00 – 16:00 / Ler Devagar Bookstore
Scenes from around the world: India, Brazil, Portugal & UK
- We will take a deeper look into how a city’s surrounding factors impact the music community and scene, and what role the city has in developing its music output. Artists will be interviewed to give their accounts from their cities.